Monday, February 07, 2005

i love self-diagnosis

Fuck meningitis. I have whooping cough. At least, I do according to my research on WebMD. God blesses the internet for these kinds of sites. Or maybe just the pope does...or should. I thought it was only, like, bronchitis or something; then my friend reminded me of this article I read that talked about how whooping cough is going around. Great. The little blip in the topic overview on WebMD totally describes exactly how I feel! Check it out:

Whooping cough (pertussis) is a highly contagious bacterial infection of the upper respiratory system—specifically, the area where the nasal passages meet the back of the throat (nasopharynx). The infection causes irritation in breathing passages, resulting in severe coughing spells. The illness has three distinct stages and can last months.

At first I thought, wait, I don't have severe coughing spells; then I remembered that I have been having severe coughing spells - I've been coughing to the point I wind up puking. I guess that's pretty severe. I was actually responsible though and had my boyfriend make a doctor's appointment for me for tomorrow (I'd have done it myself, but I have no voice). Usually I wouldn't go to the doctor just for being sick, but I figured I've been sick for too long without getting any better, so I should go see someone. Right? Maybe I'll get some medicine out of the deal. Drugs are good, mmkay? What sucks the most, though, is having to go to work tomorrow after going to the doctor. Fuck that shit.

Good night my little blogger buddies. I'm going to go learn how to do some fisting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory