Saturday, January 15, 2005

happiness

Have you ever seen that movie Happiness? It's really fucked up, actually...my summary-in-a-nutshell consists of the following sentence: these fucked up people all try to find happiness in their own fucked up little ways. For some reason I've been thinking about it a lot the past few days. I want to go buy the dvd as soon as I get a chance.

For those of you unfamiliar with the movie, here's a link to the imdb page about it. Unsure whether or not you really want to read more? Maybe this will help you decide: imdb's list of keywords pertaining to the movie.

Plot Keywords for Happiness (1998)

* telephone-sex
* parent
* guitar
* pedophilia
* independent-film
* dysfunctional-family
* controversial
* language-teaching
* father-son-relationship
* therapy
* cult-favorite
* black-comedy
* therapist
* mass-murder-in-dream
* unhappiness
* masturbation-scene
* sister
* new-jersey
* child-abuse
* boy
* marriage
* suicide
* divorce
* sandwich
* coming-of-age
* disturbing
* ejaculation-scene
* pedophile
* semen
* molestation
* sexual-abuse
* obscene-phone-call
* sleep-over

As you can tell, I'm being unusually productive this Saturday afternoon.

No, really, I kind of am. I already had a latte, killed some ants, vacuumed my bathroom (yes, I have carpet in the bathroom...and no, I didn't put it there), and now, I'm emailing companies about certain products I use that I recently discovered contain typos on the front of the product packages. Does that make sense? I use a lot of fucking beauty products (working in a beauty salon (gag) does that to you), so I see a lot of different packages; combine that with my linguistics degree and my anal obsession for correct spelling and grammar, and you'll come up with my current project. How the fuck can you sell a product and not even read the fucking tube or bottle or box before you mass produce and distribute it? Some of these products are pretty expensive, too, yet they have blatant spelling errors in plain view. That kind of bullshit bugs the fuck out of me. So, I've decided to let these companies know. Maybe they'll be so impressed with my editing capabilities that they'll offer me a job. Yeah, right. That would be cool though, ja?

2 Comments:

Blogger Busty Wilde said...

I didn't say I liked looking into people's assholes and cunts, I said I like editing. You're a pervert. But it strangely turns me on...

1/15/2005 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy Cunningham said...

the things we have in common just keep adding up...

linguistics degree, meet classics degree. i thought about linguistics while i was taking greek, latin and old english all at once. just stuck with the greek in the end for lazination purposes, of course.

1/16/2005 04:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory