Tuesday, January 25, 2005

still sick

Here I am, at home for the first time since Friday. Or wait, maybe it was Saturday, but I was only home for about 20 minutes on Saturday - just enough time to collect my laundry to bring it over to my boyfriend's. I unfortunately don't have access to a washer or dryer where I live, so I either have to go to a laundromat, or go to his place. His place is *much* more desireable than a laundromat, without question. The hardest part is putting all my clean clothes away - I have so many clothes, and I usually just wind up picking through them off the floor as I need them, instead of actually hanging them up. Oh well.

I just made myself some Campbell's Chunky Soup - Grilled Chicken with vegetables and pasta. I would only trust my soup needs to the official soup sponsor of the NFL, so that's how I made my choice this evening. (Insert sarcasm here.) However, one of my "isms" is that I will only eat boneless, skinless chicken breast (or turkey breast) - no beef, pork, lamb, fish, whatever. No dark meat chicken, no chicken on bones...nothing that isn't boneless, skinless chicken breast. I'm a vegetarian most of the time, except when I feel I need protein - that's when the chicken comes in. (Don't make fun of me - I'm probably way healthier than you'll ever be, except for this whole flu thing. But cholesterol-wise and all that - yeah, I'm way healthy. My doctor told me so. And I didn't even have to pay her extra to say that! It was one of the things I learned by having all that bloodwork done last month, when I was convinced I sprained a rib and had high cholesterol. But that's another story...) So anyways, my initial point was that despite all the wonderful grilled chicken in this soup that sponsors the NFL, I will still pick it out, each and every single time. And I've done this ever since I was a little girl. I didn't see this meat come off of a chicken - it could be human meat for all I know. Maybe I was made to watch too many horror movies as a child, and this is how it now affects me. I remember this one where this guy was eating french fries, and when he actually looked at what he was eating, they were fingers. I know, I know, how could you eat something you think is a fry when it's actually a finger? I don't know, but I was at a young, impressionable age. And obviously that image has stayed with me for like, 20 years. But at least this soup is alright.

I watched Along Came Polly last night. Well, I missed the very beginning, and I wasn't even planning to watch it when my boyfriend flipped it on, but then I saw the guy from Happiness (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) and was drawn in. He wasn't really even that good in this movie, but I am still a fan of him. (It wasn't his fault, it was the script, really.) You may remember him from such films as Boogie Nights and Magnolia (two of my most favoritest movies). Anyways, Polly reminded me a lot of myself, with her "weird" ethnic food tastes and her eclectically decorated small-ass apartment, and especially the ferret - I never had a ferret, but I used to have two rats that I would let run around like they were dogs. They were so cute! Later on in the evening we watched American History X, another movie I'd never seen. Man, I love Ed Norton. That movie was pretty fucked up, but I really liked it. The curbing part was really messed up though...I had to turn my head away during that scene. When I was younger and had just seen Terminator 2 for the first time, I had the hugest crush on Eddie Furlong. I heard now he looks all fucked up, but he used to be pretty cute, at least when I was a pre-teen.

Okay, I am starting to feel all sick and weak again. I should go lay down, or at least put some clothes away or something. Blah. I hope I get better soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't this be titled "Along Came Busty" then?

//got nothing
/bw

1/26/2005 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Pannyxeos said...

Here's a question for you. Would you feel better if you had seen the meat come off the chicken? I'm thinking you wouldn't.

Anyhow, hope you are feeling better stranger.

1/27/2005 11:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory