Saturday, February 19, 2005

what should i watch?

I'm trying to pick a dvd to watch while I mull around my room and pretend to be productive. I've narrowed it down to Ferris Bueller's Day Off, or one of the "Mr. Show" dvds. I've been wanting to watch the "super pan" episode, because last night I was up really late watching infomercials (don't ask me why, I don't know, but I'm suddenly reminded of a statistic about how people my age are their largest demographic...), and there was this one for something called the "Magic Bullet." I fucking swear, this is the infomercial that the super pan infomercial was based on. The crazy guy with the crazy accent talking about how big and bulky all the appliances are and how they'll make you clumsy, how the Magic Bullet will replace everything on your counter, and even the resident homemaker. Insane! Maybe I'll watch "Mr. Show" after all.

(A weird sidenote: I typed "Mr. Show" into imdb, and the first result was one of my favorite movies, which happens to be a Swedish movie named Fucking Åmål. How kind of random.)

(Another weird sidenote: I googled "super pan," and apparently there really is a product called the Super Pan. Crazy.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've seen that informercial before! with that guy! who looks just like bob in that mr show sketch. it was truly disturbing.

2/20/2005 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger mcgibfried said...

if you must choose a mr show dvd... be sure and watch an episode with ronnie dobbs!

run ronnie run!

2/20/2005 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

So I actually wound up watching The Royal Tenenbaums instead of anything I said in this post. It was good, I'd never seen it before. Now random scenes keep popping into my head...

2/21/2005 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

Come on Terry, that's my CO-caine!

I never actually did see that Run Ronnie Run movie. Maybe some day.

And Kim, isn't that infomercial insane? I can't wait to watch it again.

2/21/2005 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Pannyxeos said...

Kiss the pan Nancy!!!

2/23/2005 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

You WILL kiss the paaaannn!

And, remember, you shouldn't try to fly, and you shouldn't listen to British people!

2/23/2005 05:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory