Saturday, March 19, 2005

I hope you all got drunk

I sure did! I didn't have any green beer, but I did have a few pints of Guinness (mmm) and then some Sierra Nevada at this Irish bar near my house called Crogan's. Jason tried to order an Irish car bomb, but the bartender wouldn't make it because he said it's a racist drink. I couldn't help but think, couldn't he just make the drink and call it something else?

An old guy in a kilt showerd up playing bagpipes (he was a hired professional, not just some random guy in a kilt), and later on the Heineken girls showed up. They were giving out green Mardi Gras looking beads, but only to the guys - so I didn't get any. Those fucking bitches. At least I got a pin that says "Put a little Irish in you!" It must have been designed by a guy...

There was also this guy talking to my boyfriend and me for quite awhile - he seemed pretty nice, but I don't know why random older guys always try to talk to us when we go out to bars. It's somewhat peculiar.

Then we got home and smoked some green bud, you know, to continue celebrating. When St. Patrick's Day ended at midnight, Jason's birthday began...so then we had a whole new reason to continue drinking all day. Not that we did (actually, maybe he did), but at least we had a reason to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please explain what a "racist drink" is. I've heard the term applied to Black & Tan, milkshakes, coffee, and now Irish Car Bombs, but haven't been able to find an explanation on how a drink can be "racist".

10/12/2007 10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory