Monday, August 01, 2005

i want these!

Dang! Check out these Napoleon Dynamite action figures! They look pretty sweet.

Babysitting was fun last night...there were two brothers, 6 and 3. They're actually the kids of the family I used to rent the in-law unit from, the one I just moved out of at the end of May. They're all really nice. The 3-year-old is the autistic boy I've been taking care of (which I just realized I never really talked about here...I should do that), and the 6-year-old is obsessed with birds of prey and hurting his younger brother. Everything went pretty well - we watched movies, jumped on the trampoline, played soccer, and did puzzles.

There was only one midly gross situation, but it's kind of funny. At one point I noticed the younger kid's diaper needed to be changed - he smelled pretty bad. I started looking for the diapers and wipeys so I could change him, but I couldn't find anything. I went all around the house (which is pretty big - it's worth over a million dollars in the Oakland hills, overlooking the SF bay), but by the time I got back into the kid's room, he too had discovered the poop in his diaper. He had smeared his shit all over his hands very thickly. It looked like mud. It was smeared on the carpet, little chunks everywhere. It was on his feet, legs, pants, shirt...basically all over the place. It smelled terrible. I had him go in the bathroom to wash his hands, but he just began rubbing his wet shitty hands all over the counter, in the sink, on the cabinets...everything within reach, except for me, thankfully. I eventually got everything cleaned up and under control, but man, that sucked. And stunk.

+ + +

9 Comments:

Blogger SS said...

sick. that is some nasty shit, literally.

8/01/2005 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger Deli mom said...

Both my boys did that when they were about one and a half or two.

8/01/2005 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

sandra - yeah, tell me about it!

db - gross. Did they ever do it to their babysitters?

I would think that since shit smells so bad, that would be some sort of deterrent. I guess not.

8/01/2005 07:45:00 PM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Yeah that REALLY sucks.


And gaaaaaawd Busty, why'd you have to go and bring up Napoleon. :)

8/02/2005 06:42:00 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Haha, that's funny. I did that to my parents when I was about eight months old. I expect my kids will repay the favor some day.

8/02/2005 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger mcgibfried said...

gawsh.

these are MY tots!

8/02/2005 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger Damien said...

Ewwwww, god remind me to hire a child taking care type person, either that or confine them to the play and eat on the kitchen floor.

Any loving the Nap D toys, Macfarlane do outstanding work on everything they do.

8/03/2005 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger GTX said...

Yes, sir, that is a truly misadventure...

8/04/2005 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That really sucks!! Especially since they aren't even your kids!!

8/06/2005 05:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory