Tuesday, July 19, 2005

oh yeah well that's cool, check it out

So the Beck show last night was pretty awesome, much as I anticipated. I got the tickets for my birthday (which was last week...) from my wonderful friend Kayaboy. Thanks dude!

He played an extra long set - I think they were filming a dvd thing or something. The venue was pretty big (the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, for those who are familiar with the area), but I was still able to get reasonably close to the stage - much closer, at least, then most of the people there. I'm not too tall, so getting close to the stage is important to me...otherwise I can't see anything! I mean, I guess I could have gone up into the balcony and sat down or something if I really wanted to see, but that wouldn't be any fun, now would it. It's much more fun drinking beer and smoking joints while being compressed by 12 different sweaty people at the same time, all of them taller than you, so you're just breathing in the carbon dioxide they're exhaling until you feel like you're about to pass out because you can't breathe and ohmygod you feel so claustrophobic all of a sudden but you aren't claustrophobic and there's no way to get out and if something catastrophic happened right now you'd definitely be trampled to death and you still can't breathe and where are your friends? and what if you just happened to at this moment have an epileptic seizure because of all the flashing lights and you're losing circulation because your knees have been locked and you forgot that's bad for you (which caused you to almost pass out at that Breeders concert...) and fucking shit did that bitch just spill her beer down your pants effectively soaking your thong beneath your jeans? Damn.

Yeah, I had fun. As always.

Fisting Champ and I agreed on something, though, which we thought was kind of weird. (Not the fact that we agreed on something, but what we agreed on). There were parts of the concert where it seemed like they were only pretending to be playing the instruments they were holding, like it was prerecorded or something. The singing was live, but the instruments...yeah. I don't know.

+ + +

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, happy birthday! I'm sorry I didn't call/email. I'm seeing Beck on Saturday - though my experience won't likely be as compressed as yours, I hope I have half as much fun!

7/20/2005 03:06:00 AM  
Blogger jdezerai said...

Gaaaaah!!

7/20/2005 03:42:00 AM  
Blogger Pannyxeos said...

Hey Busty, it was a great show indeed. I don't know what to say about them not playing their instruments, I didn't ever think that, and I'm pretty darn sure that the percussion was at least live.

7/21/2005 01:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory