Sunday, July 24, 2005

check it out

This was a story on my google news page. What the fuck?

CNN Weather Map Arrested Trying to Score Acid In The East Village

NEW YORK CITY: The CNN Weather Map was arrested today for trying to buy LSD from an undercover police officer. This is the latest in a series of incidents concerning the flamboyant visual aids.

In an unusual move, the Map's former drug dealer came forward to give this reporter an interview. "I told him I was cutting him off." said the man known only as Izzy G. "I knew he was tripping at work. I mean, who wears tie-dyed tornadoes? Why is the water brown and the land blue?" Mr. G. went on to say that it was probably his refusal to sell to the Map that led to his fateful encounter with an undercover policeman. Mr. G said that he supported recreational drug use in moderation, but that the Map pushed it until there was psychedelia coming out of every inch of his screen. "I mean, even my other customers couldn't watch CNN."

A NYPD spokesman confirmed the basic facts of the arrest. He downplayed rumors of special treatment, saying, "We treat celebrities like anyone else." The CNN Weather Map was unavailable for comment.

+ +

5 Comments:

Blogger Pannyxeos said...

I truly tried to understand what the fuck this story is about, but alas, I think it must be some drug-addled mind spouting out gibberish.

7/26/2005 02:38:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

Are you referring to me or the author of the story?

I suppose you could mean both...

7/26/2005 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Pannyxeos said...

wink wink nudge nudge blow blow

7/26/2005 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger mr. tomas ubik said...

thats fantastic.....i knew cnn had to have a instance of moral instability coming soon....now there peddling of values for righteousness has a loop hole.

thanks to whatever creative influence finally guilted out an element of cnn's underbelly.


i knew it would be the maps too, those digi screens are fiens.

7/28/2005 07:32:00 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

I always thought the maps on CNN had a kind of trippy feel. Good for the map!

7/29/2005 12:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory