Friday, May 20, 2005

excitement

I leave for Honduras in approximately thirty hours. I'm extremely excited - this will be such a great experience. Apparently there's a hurricane headed there, but it should pass through by the time we get there on Saturday night. (Thanks to gibbysgirl for bringing this to my attention!)

We leave Saturday morning from Oakland, fly to Miami, then fly into San Pedro Sula, Honduras. From there we'll take a small plain to La Ceiba, located on the Northern coast, and stay the night at this awesome resort. We didn't know this at the time, but that Saturday night we're in La Ceiba is I guess one of the biggest party nights of the year - all the descriptions I've read remind me of Mardi Gras. There's this huge celebration, La Fiesta de San Isidro, that takes place every year, culminating in a huge carnival on the third Saturday in May. It should be pretty fun, partying all night in a foreign country. Hopefully the weather won't be too shitty.

Sunday morning, we'll fly from La Ceiba to Roatán, the island where we'll be spending the majority of our time. It is here that we'll be volunteering. When we're not volunteering, we'll be spending our time on nature reserves, at the beach, and scuba diving. I plan to get certified while I'm down there - it's supposedly the cheapest place in the world to get certified, with some of the best diving conditions. Of course, I already have my underwater cameras, so I'm definitely going to post some of those fishy pics.

We're leaving Roatán on Saturday the 28th. We'll fly back to San Pedro Sula early in the morning so we have until the afternoon to explore the city. Then we'll fly back to Miami and stay there for a night and probably party some more...then it's off to Oakland on Sunday!

As if that's not cool enough already, I don't have to work that following Monday or Tuesday - and both nights, I'm going to see the Pixies, my favorite band of all time. I've seen them twice already (and the Breeders once), but as far as I'm concerned, you can never see the Pixies too many times. I guess I'm a Pixiehead. I have some very awesome Pixies concert pictures; if anyone ever wants to see them, email me!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make a complete post before I leave, so if not, have a great week! Hopefully I'll be able to find someplace with an internet connection; if not, it's probably all the better, since I'll be in tropical island paradise.

+ + +

4 Comments:

Blogger SS said...

have a GREAT time on your trip. i'm sure you will. be safe!

5/20/2005 06:39:00 AM  
Blogger mcgibfried said...

watch out for pygmies... those fuckers are mean...

and bring back some warm tropical weather with you to miami... or you will be denied access to the terminal!!!!

oh, and be safe.

5/20/2005 06:50:00 AM  
Blogger floatingwild said...

oh you busty girl!! i am so jealous!! get a tan and go skinny dipping for me.

5/20/2005 08:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antonio says:

Hey Busty...I know you are excited about your super trip...I hope you get some sleep....and I wish you a safe trip....I really don't know you that well..just what I have read ......and I am a great judge of people....and I can tell that you are a specail lady with a great head on your shoulders....you seem very smart...and if I was old enough to have a daughter like you...I would tell her "please honey have a safe trip and come home in good health"
Well Busty...take care and have a great blast....:)

5/20/2005 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory