Monday, April 25, 2005

raspberry lattes = puke

Okay, okay, enough suspense already. I tried a goddammned raspberry latte and it was fucking disgusting. I actually had to throw it out after drinking about a quarter of it because I was beginning to feel ill. Did you ever get that strawberry syrup with the bunny on it (like the chocolate syrup) for your milk when you were little? You know, so you could drink strawberry milk? The latte was that color, but way grosser. I did get it at one of those fake Starbuckses (heh) inside of Barnes and Noble...those ones that serve Starbucks coffee and look just like any other Starbucks location, but they aren't really Starbuckses after all - just in case that makes a difference. I might someday consider convincing a friend or something to try a raspberry latte at a regular Starbucks just to see if it turns out different (I swear the people at those B&N cafes don't know what they're doing), but not for awhile. Oh well. I'll never stray from what I'm used to ever again.

In more uplifting news, I'm currently eating some leftover Indian food from last night - mushroom mattar (mmmmm) and some chili paneer. Basically, it's mushroom, peas, and spices in the first dish, and then bell peppers, jalapenos, onions, this weird homemade cheese stuff, and spices in the second dish. I'm not too big on paneer, I just wanted the other stuff. I think I was Indian in a past life at some point.

I'm going to take a bath soon. I've had this thing for baths lately. Don't get me wrong, I still shower every morning, but it's nice to come home after working with people all day and relax in the tub. Plus, I love that feeling of "washing the day away." One of the things I hate about working with people all day is sometimes when I come home at night I just feel so gross, like I have other people's germs and dead skin cells and other human dirt on me. I know a lot of that is in my mind, but it's not like it's hurting anyone for me to think that. Blame it on my OCD. The only bad part about taking baths is that I have this other thing - another OCD thing - where I have to scrub out the tub for like at least twenty minutes before I decide it's clean enough for me to get in it. Nevermind that I just scrubbed it yesterday, it needs to be CLEAN, dammit. Again, I realize that a lot of that is in my head, but I just can't let myself take a bath unless I've taken this precautionary step. I don't want to get a disease or something from, um, myself showering this morning. Sigh. At least I got these pretty awesome bath salts though, but I can't remember if I already talked about them, either because I'm stoned now or I was stoned when I talked about them. Actually, I am stoned now, and I was stoned if I did talk about them (since I'm always stoned), so logically that sentence doesn't really make sense (because I said either/or). I took this crazy syntax and semantics class once with these weird grad students named like Rainbow and stuff, and we talked about stuff like that - I had to explain sentences that weren't necessarily lies, but technically weren't true. It was pretty interesting, at least until I stopped going. Oh yeah, bath salts. They're cool - I like them because besides being completely organic and vegan and being specially formulated for their aromatherapeutic benefits, they have a high alkalinity, so when you're feeling acidic (as in sick or a having a buildup of negative energy) they help balance you out. Apparently people who take a lot of baths in alkaline water don't get sick as often as people who don't. Interesting.

I asked my boyfriend yesterday if I'm a hippie, and he said no. I said he was right, because I shave and bathe regularly, and I don't smell. He said I'm just New Age-y. I guess that's okay. I just like all that natural shit, yo.

I totally had something else to talk about, but I can't remember what it was. Imagine that. I did take a bunch of pictures yesterday, but I can't seem to get the fucking cd to work right now. I was going to post one. Oh well.

+ +

10 Comments:

Blogger floatingwild said...

diego. there, my 4 year old spelled his name.. i told you that raspberry would be gross!:)
i wanna see some pictures, now! photobucket.com...

4/25/2005 10:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

real hippies don't know they're hippies. -greg

4/26/2005 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger SS said...

the latte sounds gross. now i know to never get one. i guess i never really get latte's anyway, i always get a mocha. and you're right, the starbucks in b&n suck.

4/26/2005 08:21:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

This morning at work, my boss told me that last night she realized that I'm just like Dharma, from Dharma & Greg. That's weird, because as I was writing this post, that thought ran through my head for a brief moment; I debated writing it, but decided against it. My point is, what if she reads my blog? She keeps saying things that would make me think she does, but maybe I'm just being paranoid. If she does, she should tell me, right?

4/26/2005 09:43:00 PM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Mu favourite Busty Wilde post so far! Funny stuff.

Sorry to hear about your traumatic raspberry latte experience.

Indian is awesome...we should go for some sometime.

I am new age-y too. Word.

4/27/2005 08:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think all coffee tastes like poop. Big nutty poop.

I like hot chocolate. Now that's some delicious drinkin'.

Nice blog by the way. I'm just a rondom stalker. So I'll be seeing you soon.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

4/27/2005 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger floatingwild said...

hey,.where are all the pictures?

4/27/2005 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I tried rasberry latte once on the recommedation of fiend- uh I mean friend and Yeah, it SUCKED!

I do however CRAVE mochas! But they need to be made in just the right way. I have had some very shitty mochas. But when they are good, I'm in heaven.

4/27/2005 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger floatingwild said...

i never thought about being acidic and feeling like shit. i felt really good yesterday, but i slept like shit and i feel all stuck again today. maybe i need to get those bath salts and sit. i would like to take the easy way out today.

4/28/2005 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

binsk - Yes, let's go! There are some awesome Indian restaurants in Berkeley. Mmmm, now I'm hungry. And New Age-y is awesome.

Buck - I actually wouldn't know what big nutty poop tastes like, but I drink coffee for the caffeine! I'm addicted to that shit. Not nutty shit though. And please be the nice kind of stalker, not the creepy kind, mmkay? ;)

quki - I'd post some pictures, but I don't know if anyone would be interested. None are of me...oh, fuck it, I'll post some in a little while. :)

sylvana - I wish I knew that before I decided to try one! I could have saved myself the disgusting feeling in the back of my throat.

fistingchamp - Do you ever fist the venti cup that your drink comes in and make your frappuccino go everywhere? I would imagine the sensation is somewhat like fisting, except maybe a lot colder...

5/02/2005 02:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory