Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Christian Slater the groper

hahahaha...I always knew he had that weird creepy look.

Christian Slater, drunken ass-grabber

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Actor Christian Slater was arrested on Tuesday and charged with sexual abuse and forcible touching after a woman accused him of groping her buttocks, authorities said.

Slater, 35, was accused of groping the woman, a stranger, at a small store after he was seen arguing with his girlfriend, prosecutors said. The victim called police and identified the actor, who was arrested shortly after 2 a.m. in Manhattan's Upper East Side, they said.

"The victim, a stranger, was at a bodega buying a soda when he grabbed and squeezed her buttocks. His girlfriend yelled 'Stop. What are you doing?' The defendant walked away," said assistant district attorney Vanessa Puzio at Slater's bail hearing.

Local media reported that Slater, who is appearing on Broadway in "The Glass Menagerie," appeared intoxicated.

He was released on no bail.

The misdemeanor sexual abuse charge carries a possible three-month jail sentence, while the charge of "forcible touching" carries a potential jail term of one year.

At the bail hearing before Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Patricia Nunez, Slater shouted: "This is bullshit. I didn't do anything.

"I'm going to sue everybody," he said.

The actor who appeared in "Heathers," "True Romance," and "Untamed Heart" has had previous brushes with the law. He was arrested in 1997 for assaulting his girlfriend and a police officer while intoxicated on cocaine at a Los Angeles party. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail after pleading no contest.

In 1994, the New York native was arrested for bringing a gun on an airplane.

While Slater hid his face during much of the court proceedings, he waved to the crowd of media and onlookers and gave a thumbs-up sign as he left the courthouse.

The judge set July 14 for a hearing in Manhattan Criminal Court.

Slater also appeared in the movies "Broken Arrow" and "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles."

+

11 Comments:

Blogger Robin Alexa said...

I still think he's hot. Call me a weirdo if you must! :)

6/02/2005 07:07:00 AM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

I do too, you're not weird!

6/02/2005 08:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a cd copy of the Pixies show you attended @ www.pixiesdiscs.com

6/04/2005 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

Mike - I definitely agree!

Anonymous - thanks, I already did that for both shows I went to! Now I just have to wait until that day when there's a surprise for me in the mailbox!

6/04/2005 01:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get the t-shirt too?

That would be flippin' sweet.

6/04/2005 01:42:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

Well, being that I spent $50 at the show getting myself two shirts and another $25 on a shirt for my little brother, I opted to not get the shirt. I of course wanted the shirt, but I figured I have to draw the line somewhere. It was hard, though; I'm a complete Pixies addict. An addict, I tell you.

6/04/2005 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

You're kind of freaking me out, though, it's like I'm talking to myself anonymously...

6/04/2005 02:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we're all addicted to something. I saw them last Thursday. Frank Black did the "You fucking die" bit to Kim Deal. It was fun. Then she did the "wait..I" bit at the beginning of "Where is my mind?" Good times.

They rocked. I'm going to see them in July at Street Scene in San Diego. The White Stripes will be there too.

6/04/2005 08:16:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

Wow...I would have loved to hear that! I was excited on Tuesday when they played "La La Love You" - I'd never heard that song live, on any cd or at any concert I'd been to. It was awesome!

6/04/2005 09:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's on the LA 6/2 cd. It's probably pretty similiar to the setlist for the San Fran show. They did La La Love You. That was cool. Frank Black was drinking beer during the show. He kinda lost his voice towards the end of the show. It was the 2nd show that night. He couldn't hit the high part at the beginning of "Gigantic". So, he just tapped his throat a couple times and stopped. That was funny too.

If you have some extra $$, the 6/2 cd might be worth buying.. just for the "you fucking die" thing!

It's always cool to find other Pixie addicts!

6/04/2005 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

It is definitely cool to find other Pixies addicts...they're hard to come by these days!

When I saw them at the late show on 5/30 in SF, Frank was kinda losing his voice then too...I was wondering if he was tired from all the shows they've been doing, but it was also kind of endearing to hear him sound like a real human.

I like how on that pixiesdiscs site, you can see the set lists for every show they play. That's pretty awesome. I would buy the LA disc if I could, but I really can't right now, unfortunately. Hell, if I could afford it, I'd buy every show...and I'd be following them around on the road. That would be so cool.

6/06/2005 01:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory