Thursday, July 22, 2004

blond toner

So today at work this guy came in asking for some semipermanent blond toner.  I was really the only one there who knew anything about what he was talking about, so I walked with him to show him where it is in the store.  I got this weird feeling from him, but I attributed it to me being incredibly stoned.  But, whatever, most guys probably feel weird coming into a beauty salon, I figured.  Then he started saying how much he liked my hair, and he even touched it at one point when talking about what color he wanted his hair.  "You have really nice hair," he said.  "Oh, thanks."  I know I have nice hair, silly, silly boy.  I wasn't exactly sure about the instructions for what he was getting since his hair was already bleached, but I tried to help him the best I could.  I hoped I wasn't telling him to do something that would make his hair fall out or fuck anything up, but I was pretty confident I wasn't.  There were a billion people in the store, he waited in line, I rung him up, and then he left.

A couple hours later, the store phone rings.  My coworker who answered the phone told me that someone I helped earlier was on the phone for me; I was silently hoping he didn't go home and follow my instructions and then all his hair fell out.  Of course, it was nothing like that.   "Hi, I'm Roberto, you helped me earlier, what's your name?"  So I told him, and then he was like "well I really think you're beautiful and I'd really like to get to know you better, maybe I can give you my number and we can go out and get a drink sometime."  Alright, I said.  It's not like I couldn't just take his number from him over the phone and then throw it away or something.  And plus, he went through the trouble of looking up the store number and calling back and asking for me.  On the phone he said something about really wanting to ask while he was there, but there were too many people and he was nervous or something.  Sometimes I feel like I have some stranger power of attraction that either attracts complete stalkers/weirdos, or just causes people to behave as such.  Or just that weird things happen to me pretty consistently.  That's just how my days normally go though...

3 Comments:

Blogger Busty Wilde said...

"knew"? I like having magical powers.

7/24/2004 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Uneasy Rider said...

So do you figure this guy used the toner as a ruse - an excuse - to come in and talk to you? I.e., was this the first time he saw you (we know this was the first time you saw him. Or was he really shopping?

8/27/2004 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger Busty Wilde said...

That's a good point, one I haven't thought of. It was indeed the first time I can actually recall seeing him, but who knows if he'd seen me before. He could have actually been shopping, but not a whole lot of guys come into our store. Usually, when they do, they're gay, shopping for their wives, or trying to hit on me...

8/31/2004 01:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blog Directory